RELIEF | DEVELOPMENT | ADVOCACY
Helping Hands Ministry’s vision is to eliminate all physical and spiritual poverty in East Bell County.
Helping Hands Ministry cultivates an environment in which individuals and families are empowered to work out of systemic poverty and toward wholeness, through ministries of relief, development, and advocacy.
Helping Hands Ministry was founded in 1995 by the Belton Ministers' Fellowship, an ecumenical gathering of local ministers, to serve the Belton community with a centralized food pantry. In the beginning, individuals from several local churches volunteered their time to serve 30 families in the basement of First United Methodist Church of Belton. The pantry later moved to First Christian Church in Belton, then eventually relocated to a house at 1009 West Avenue D. In November 2008, Helping Hands moved to its current location at 2210 Holland Road.
Today, Helping Hands continues to be supported by the Belton Ministers' Fellowship and 29 local churches of many denominations. Each month, Helping Hands provides support to over 3,000 of our neighbors through the weekly commitment of more than 85 volunteers and staff.