How can I donate to Helping Hands?
Helping Hands Ministry can benefit from your generosity in multiple ways. In addition to monetary donations, we also accept food or hygiene items, clothing, clothing accessories, and necessary kitchen and household items. We do not accept decorative items, large appliances, or furniture. If you have a question about whether or not we accept the items you would like to donate, please call or email us and we will be happy to let you know.
How do I drop off my donations?
To donate to Helping Hands Ministry, please come to the dock at the back of our building and knock on the door for assistance. We can accept donations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays.
Helping Hands Ministry is involved in three major food drives throughout the year.
- Food for Families: This food drive organized by KWTX News 10 in Waco, which collects food for pantries throughout Central Texas each November, just in time for the holiday season. All goods collected in Bell County during this time of year is distributed between the food pantries in the county.
- Postal Workers' Food Drive: This annual drive occurs the Saturday before Mother's Day in May each year. The drive is a nationwide event, and all food collected in the 76513 zip code helps fill the pantry at Helping Hands Ministry. To participate, leave canned and boxed goods at your mailbox, and it will be collected by the USPS letter carriers.
- Operation Feeding Friends: This food drive is held in the spring each year and is organized by KCEN TV and local pantries in the Belton and Temple area, Walmart, and Extraco. Walmart hosts this drive in their parking lots across Belton and Temple.
Start Your Own Drive
You can also help through your school, church, business, neighborhood, or social organization by organizing your own food drive to benefit Helping Hands Ministry. Here are a few tips on how to create a successful drive:
- Make sure your food drive drop-off points are in areas that others can easily access. Your school's cafeteria, your church or your company's central office may be a good place to start.
- Set a reasonable goal and let others know what your goal is.
- Decide on a deadline and give others plenty of time to donate.
- Publicize your drive. Tell as many people as possible!
To donate to Helping Hands Ministry, simply contact us by phone or email and let us know you're coming. We appreciate everything our community does for us and our clients!